Watch Tom Schulman Deconstruct His Oscar-Winning Script ‘Dead Poets Society’

Back in October, shortly after I interviewed Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman for Austin Film Festival’s Script-to-Screen: Dead Poets Society panel, I posted a few lessons learned from our conversation.

Now AFF’s OnStory provides a full 27-minute episode dedicated to our conversation including clips from the film to illustrate Schulman’s talking points. Schulman describes the challenges of selling a script with the title Dead Poets Society, his relationship with director Peter Weir, and Robin Williams’ ability to add subtle touches to the character of John Keating to make him even more dynamic.

Oh, and you can watch my attentive listening skills as I do my best to keep my mouth shut as Schulman talks to make life easier for OnStory editors.

You can check out the full episode below:

Read More

No Film School

Здесь можно оставить свои комментарии. Выпуск подготовленплагином wordpress для subscribe.ru

Comments