Daily Dialogue — April 8, 2017

MIRANDA: Who are you?
ANDY: My name is Andy Sachs. I recently graduated from Northwestern University.
MIRANDA: And what are you doing here?
ANDY: Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant. And, um… yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out everywhere and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke and met with Sherry up at Human Resources. Basically, it's this or Auto Universe.
MIRANDA: So you don't read Runway?
ANDY: No.
MIRANDA: And before today, you had never heard of me.
ANDY: No.
MIRANDA: And you have no style or sense of fashion.
ANDY: Well, um, I think that depends on what you're…
MIRANDA: No, no. That wasn't a question.
ANDY: I was editor in chief ofthe Daily Northwestern. I also won a national competition for college journalists withe my series on the janitor's union which exposed the exploitation…
MIRANDA: That's all.
ANDY: Yeah. You know, okay. You 're right. I don't fit in here. I am not skinny or glamorous and I don't know that much about fashion. But I'm smart. I learn fast and I will work hard.

Nigel barges in and heads toward Miranda.

NIGEL: I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she's wearing she looks like she's working the main stage at the Golden Nugget.

ANDY [retreats out of office]: Thank you for your time.

NIGEL [re Andy]: Who is that sad little person?

The Devil Wears Prada (2006), screenplay by Aline Brosh McKenna, novel by Lauren Weisberger

The Daily Dialogue theme for the week: Job Interview. Today's recommendation by Gisela Wehrl.

Trivia: Screenwriter Aline Brose McKenna told the New York Post about Meryl Streep: "The first day she was on set, I was there and it was the scene that Andy walks up to the desk and Meryl just turns around and looks at her, and that's all she had to do, it was so scary,"

Dialogue On Dialogue: Commentary by Gisela: "Andy has this big dream about being a journalist, she wants to investigate for a better word, hat's why she is likable. So we want her to succeed foremost she is competent getting the job in many ways. Miranda is scary, with a sharp mind, analyzing everything about fashion within no time, being a horror boss. Definitely a good villain, but she is right, that Andy doesn't fit for Runway as she won't fit for Auto Universe. Though a good writer can writes about anything, you should know something about the stuff you write about. And Miranda is really passionate about what she is doing and being passionate makes most masters. But Andy is right as well, you can learn about everything with hard work. And working with Miranda seems to be hard work from the first moment we get to know about her."


Daily Dialogue — April 8, 2017 was originally published in Go Into The Story on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.

Go Into The Story – Medium

Related Post

Здесь можно оставить свои комментарии. Выпуск подготовленплагином wordpress для subscribe.ru

Comments